Saturday, July 23, 2011

Annoyances

It's been stiflingly hot lately... There's no way around it. Doesn't help that neither I nor my boyfriend have air conditioning.

One thing that bothers me is that my parents' room has air conditioning, and my dad's den has air-conditioning. But no place in the house in which I'm welcome is ever under 81 degrees. Last night it was 85.

At least my boyfriend's mother's house has a furnished basement. Which, incidentally, is still too hot. It's a better place to be than others, right now, though.

My beau and I are fairly annoyed with his mother lately, though. She's going to an anti-gay marriage rally with her church. I find this very disappointing. She may be quite catholic, but I didn't think she'd be the type of person to force her beliefs on other people. And honestly, I never got the impression she cared one way or the other about gay marriage.

It shouldn't surprise me as much as it does, though. She's quite literally scared of just about EVERYTHING.

She screams when things are misplaced, when someone does something unexpected on TV, when she drops something, when she realizes someone's in the same room with her, when she stubs her toe, when the cat licks itself.

And seriously, her son is an Atheist. She doesn't even push her beliefs on him.

Gah. I don't understand people at all.

1 comment: