Sunday, June 19, 2011

I've started jogging again


Picture unrelated, but still somewhat helpful.

It's sad...but I don't feel too bad for laughing.

Anyway, I'm going to start jogging with a friend. She's not a runner, so I've actually got more experience in this area and I feel pretty good about it.

She's not trying to lose weight, actually she's trying to gain muscle. She knows I'm trying to lose weight, and she's not judgmental about it. Probably because she's so much smaller than anyone else I know. That's mostly because she's quite short, though.

She's got quite a healthy body image. This isn't about vanity, at least not entirely. She wants to gain muscle mass. She wants to be strong. I also don't imagine she gets much trouble for how she looks, and so many people like her I'm pretty sure she can do whatever she wants.

Why do everyone love short girls? They have an almost childlike quality, like you'll want to nurture them. Plus, all the short girls I know are so precocious. They seem to make friends easily.

Anyway, wish me luck. I haven't been doing well with food lately, so hopefully this will help me pull it together.

I'm also getting a lot more walking done since the weather has improved.

Buffalo broke it's own record for rain this Spring, so the recent summer weather has been more than welcome by everyone.

3 comments:

  1. People love short girls? I had no idea, haha. Enjoy jogging! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with the jogging! It's always interesting to see how smaller non ed girls view bodies. I also had no idea people like short girls...I've always admired how taller girls seem to have more confidence and spark to their personalities.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to say, as a short girl, I am neither childlike nor precocious. Perhaps I am the exception ;) The funny thing is, people think short people are SKINNIER just because they're not as tall. When I was a size 6 (at 5'2") I got "Oh you're so TINY!" even though my size 8, 5'7" friend was much thinner proportionately. Other shorties have experienced it too. It blows my mind.

    ReplyDelete