Thursday, May 14, 2009

Summer Challenge :)

:) You win, PrettyWreck, I'm joining the challenge ^_^
and thanks to skinnylove too for the encouragement :D

Age: 20
Current Weight: 131
Goal Weight Loss: Unsure. Under 130. I want my thighs to not touch. It's actually a small goal, but I'm still feeling out the atmosphere for that sort of thing. Besides, that's a big landmark, seeing as I'm currently at my lowest weight.
Personal Goal: Engage in one of the nerdy projects my boyfriend wants to do with me.
Biggest Challenges: I binge with my boyfriend. My dad brings home ttonnss of junk food.

No pics yet. Tomorrow maybe - Want to use my boyfriend's camera, could be tricky.

Question For Week #1
HOLY SHIT! YOU CAUGHT A LEPRECHAUN!
Instead of gold, he gives you a choice. You can either:
A) Be forever the weight of your dreams, and never have to worry about gaining a pound.
or
B) Be the richest person in the world, and your money will never run out

What do you choose?
A!! I don't want to be the richest woman in the world. Too many obligations and responsibilities. My boyfriend would think that's crazy, but I want to be middle class - and skinny....but if any of you girls got choice B I'd be completely willing to accept a few thousand dollars to pay my parents' and boyfriend's debts, and get my beau and I an apartment :)


I'm rather excited about this - I've never done a challenge. But this one seems less restrictive and others, and seeing as I have no real say in the groceries that come into my house, and am constantly wandering the city with my boyfriend, I don't have too much flexibility with what I have to eat. I just have to aim for a low calorie count.

Okay. There are a couple things I wanted to mention in this post. Like when I was at the coffee shop, and this gorgeous skinny girl with dark circles around her eyes watched me eat half a chicken focaccia sandwich...I think she saw me reading blogs, too. Had my computer turned away from my beau. She was probably thinking...What a wannarexic.
Wannarexic: pretty much a wanna-be anorexic. I'm sure everyone knows what one is...
I learned that word the other day, mentioned in a really fascinating debate on a forum I frequent in a thread about proana websites. I'd love to share that link with you, but I really can't...what with the potentiality of linking it to another username someone might recognize.
Basically there are a lot of girls who were former anorexics/bulimics who've decided that these sites are inherently bad. Others said that they were the only things giving them a support network, and kept them from killing themselves. I see things as the latter. But I can see how turning against the sites could help the temptation to visit, and trigger... It's a pretty heated argument.

Okay, I'll keep you posted. I've been stuck at this weight for a while now, I'm going to try harder ^_^ I'd like to show SOME progress for the challenge. Great motivation.

I'm also becoming increasingly obsessed with twitter - I suggest to check out my twitter feed, I have in on my blog if you don't want to have twitter, but if you do have twitter follow me and some of the really helpful girls I'm following. http://twitter.com/DepthPerfection
Twitter might also serve as a pretty good prelude to my blogs. lol - if you start jonesin' for a Depth Perfection update.

2 comments:

  1. Yes, yes, I do win. I am amazing. ♥ ♥ ♥
    What was your highest weight ever? I can't remember if you told me or not :3
    LOL I just can't get into Twitter XD


    You know...people tend to turn violently against things they're afraid of becoming. It's been proven with severe homophobia, it relates strongly to inherent sexual inclinations they hate in themselves, and therefor feel threatened by. Girls who fight so adamantly against eating disorders tend to have disordered potential, or a history, that they themselves are fighting off. The sites make them feel threatened.
    I do not think you can become anorexic by reading these. I'm not anorexic. I know I, CLINICALLY, have some Ednos (past diagnosis) but I read a lot of anorexic's who write, and I know I couldn't be them.
    Just like reading about schizophrenic rabbles won't make you schizophrenic.

    It could trigger people who would otherwise not display it (with the potential but never the means) but yeah, it is a debate.
    And I have heard wannaorexic before XD It makes me laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. omg i so meant to do one of these but i totally forgot D=

    and with eating disorders, theres a potential trigger in everything, something jsut more than others but i think sites like these are essential for people with mental illnesses, especially serious ones like eating disorders.

    with eating disorders its hard to find a support network with the people you know, because they cant know about it.

    so, its much easier to find support from complete strangers that over time, arent such strangers.


    lol i love blogger 8]


    and i so love this post [and the word wannarexic]


    XOXO Sophia Ruins <3

    ReplyDelete