Monday, March 23, 2009

No Diet Pills for Me, Thanks

Hey girls :)

I was on reddit and came across and article titled: "Why spend money on expensive diet drugs when this will fill you up and keep you from eating just as effectively? "

Personally, I'm terrified of diet pills. I mentioned in a previous entry that I have an aversion to caffeine. It doesn't sit well with me. It makes my heart race and I actually get scared for my well-being. The main purpose of caffeine in diet pills is that it speeds up the metabolism, helps compensate for the energy you're not getting from food, and acts as a diuretic. That's all well and good, but I think that things that speed up your metabolism just make you hungrier and I don't want to lose water-weight, I want to lose real weight.

Anyways, getting to the point



The article suggests "chugging Metamucil" [ link ]

"One little-known secret to weight loss, which is rarely discussed on the Internet, has to do with chugging Metamucil, and in particular, sugar-free Metamucil. Metamucil is nothing more than non-soluble fiber. It will fill you up but provide little actual nutrition. What's more, the sugar-free variety has only 5 calories per serving, yet makes you feel as if you just ate a whole meal!"

...


"It is not necessary to purchase name-brand Metamucil. The store brand or off-brand works just as well, and are the exact same quality on a general basis. However, the "clear" versions, such as Benefiber, are not effective for the diet since it does not bulk up."


I haven't tried this, but I'm definitely intrigued.

I may have to get some from the campus store this week!

...

I feel a bit guilty not having written yesterday. I was so distracted by adult swim games.
I may have to post a list of games ... you know ... as a distraction to food...not...an...addiction or anything >_>

...

lol, k :)

8 comments:

  1. Hmm... I hated metamucil, it's been a long time since I've used it though. It only has 3g of fiber per teaspoon (which is like 1 cup of vegetables!) but if you try it, definitely let us know how it works out :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah I'm definitely curious about this one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i'm curious too, let us know how it works out for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've tried metamucil and it just made me really really bloated. I only took it for a week though. It also tastes disgusting. It does however make you feel very full - but in an unsatisfied kind of way (I think thats due to the taste).

    ReplyDelete
  5. I take big mouthfulls of psylium husk (the stuff metamucil is made from minus the flavour and sweetener) washed down with a big swig of water. It's completely disgusting, but it fills me up for no calories. Fantastic before meals to reduce the amount you need to feel full! Plus, it's good for you, yay! I do find it makes me bloated, but this just further acts to stop me from wanting to eat :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey there!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog and for the sweet comment. That metamucil trick sounds like a good idea, thanks for sharing it.

    For addicting games, I love iminlikewithyou.com. So much fun! And definitely a good distraction.

    <3 Eva

    ReplyDelete
  7. hmMmMmM
    ill try it!
    i think im willing to try anything now haha
    i take diet pills cuz im just one of those caffeine junkies but i cut back on the coffee.


    XOXO Sophia Ruins <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hmm tell us how it works!
    I've only ever tried the Metamucil pills - not the powder/soluble kind. So I have no idea what it tastes like. It made me feel good for about 2 weeks, and then I started feeling a little bloated so I cut back. But the pills could be different from the powder kind, so who knows :)

    ReplyDelete